Yesterday saw the release of Nevertheless, She Persisted. There are many things with that title these days, but this one is mine — well, mine and that of eighteen other authors from Book View Cafe. It is, as you might expect, a collection themed around female persistence in the face of adversity. If you feel like you need that sort of encouragement right now, or you know someone who might, or you want to support the general idea, or you just think that sounds like something you would like to read, you can get the ebook directly from Book View Cafe, or from Amazon, Nook, iTunes, Kobo, or Amazon UK; if you want a print edition, those are available too, from Amazon US or UK.
My contribution to the anthology is “Daughter of Necessity”, which is one of the stories I’m proudest of having written. It was inspired by an essay of Diana Wynne Jones’, and of course she herself is the woman whose work inspired me to become a writer in the first place.
It’s been six months since Elizabeth Warren was silenced on the floor of the Senate. Keep on speaking out. Persist. We will stand strong.
- Table of Contents
- “Daughter of Necessity” by Marie Brennan
- “Sisters” by Leah Cutter
- “Unmasking the Ancient Light” by Deborah J. Ross
- “Alea Iacta Est” by Marissa Doyle
- “How Best to Serve” from A Call to Arms by P.G. Nagle
- “After Eden” by Gillian Polack
- “Reset” by Sara Stamey
- “A Very, Wary Christmas” by Katharine Eliska Kimbriel
- “Making Love” by Brenda Clough
- “Den of Iniquity” by Irene Radford
- “Digger Lady” by Amy Sterling Casil
- “Tumbling Blocks” by Mindy Klasky
- “The Purge” by Jennifer Stevenson
- “If It Ain’t Broke” by Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff
- “Chatauqua” by Nancy Jane Moore
- “Bearing Shadows” by Dave Smeds
- “In Search of Laria” by Doranna Durgin
- “Tax Season” by Judith Tarr
- “Little Faces” by Vonda N. McIntyre