Although most of my short fiction stands alone, every novel series I’ve written to date has at least one related story, listed here.
- “As Tight as Any Knot” (Rook and Rose)
Ondrakja had a sharp eye for valuable things . . . like the girl begging on the corner of the Uča Idvo. (Takes place before the series.)
- “From the Editorial Page of the Falchester Weekly Review” (Memoirs of Lady Trent)
As we all know, legends of the cockatrice date back many centuries. (Takes place between Voyage of the Basilisk and In the Labyrinth of Drakes, with no significant spoilers.)
- “On the Impurity of Dragon-kind” (Memoirs of Lady Trent)
Jake Camherst discourses on a passage from the Book of Priests. (Takes place between In the Labyrinth of Drakes and Within the Sanctuary of Wings, with minor spoilers.)
- “The Long Fall” (Memoirs of Lady Trent)
An “official fanfic” taking place after Turning Darkness Into Light, with spoilers for that novel.
- “The City of the Tree” (Varekai)
The tree dominated everything. The sky above, the sea below, the earth on which it stood, and the city that sheltered beneath its leaves. (An unrelated story in the same world.)
- “Welcome to Welton” (Wilders)
Freshman year at Welton University gets off on a very strange foot. (Takes place before the series.)
- Dancing the Warrior (Doppelganger)
She was never happier than when she Danced the Warrior. (Takes place before the series.)
- Stories related to the Onyx Court have their own page.