BVC Book Blast!
My fellow Book View Cafe members and I are exceedingly pleased to announce that our site is now ensconced in a much better hosting platform that will not give us the problems we were having in December and January. In celebration — and to thank you, our lovely readers, who have been so patient through all those troubles — we are having a SITE-WIDE SALE this week, 20% off everything in the store. No coupon hoops to jump through; just load up your cart, and we’ll apply the discount at checkout.
I’ve built up a surprisingly large pile of titles with BVC over the years. If you’re interested in picking one of those up, you can choose from:
- The Wilders series of Lies and Prophecy (or its illustrated edition), Chains and Memory, and the prequel novelette “Welcome to Welton”
- The early Onyx Court books of Midnight Never Come and In Ashes Lie, plus the novella Deeds of Men and the omnibus In London’s Shadow
- My short story collections Maps to Nowhere (secondary-world fantasy) and Ars Historica (historical fantasy), or my micro-collections of twisted fairy tales, Monstrous Beauty and Never After
- On the nonfiction front, New Worlds, Year One: A Writer’s Guide to the Art of Worldbuilding, Writing Fight Scenes, and Dice Tales
- Various BVC anthologies containing my work: Across the Spectrum, It Happened at the Ball, Mad Science Café, and Nevertheless, She Persisted
Plus a great many more! We have Brenda Clough’s time-travel trilogy The River Twice, Meet Myself There, and The Fog of Time (which came out during our outages and really took it in the teeth as a consequence), and all kinds of titles from Sherwood Smith, Vonda N. McIntyre, Judith Tarr, Laura Anne Gilman, Linda Nagata, Katherine Kerr, and many, many more. We have fantasy, science fiction, historical fiction, mystery, romance, literary things, funny things, sexy things, informative things — all kinds of stuff. And it’s all 20% off. So come browse our catalogue and help us celebrate our new home!