today’s dose of gaming geekery
Courtesy of lunch with my husband, I give you The Lion in Winter (preferentially the Peter O’Toole and Katherine Hepburn version), with the characters re-cast as Changeling sidhe of various Houses:
- Henry — Gwydion. The rage says it all.
- Eleanor — Fiona, most likely; one of them has to be, to explain their screwed-up marriage.
- Richard — also Fiona. Philip, plus “When the fall is all there is, it matters.”
- Geoffrey — Ailil. Naturally. He’s a cold-blooded scheming bastard.
- John — this one is hard. Tongue-in-cheek, he’s a Dougal; he made that little headsman toy, and clearly his physical defect is his brain. As kniedzw said, though, “I respect the Dougal too much for that.” Problem is, we respect all the Houses and kiths too much for that.
- Alais — Liam, maybe. On account of being stepped on by everybody around her.
- Philip — Eiluned. Mostly because I can’t tell when he’s lying and when he’s telling the truth in the bedroom scene, and neither, I think, can Henry.