1) If a word or phrase isn’t in [square brackets], I should trust that means I’ve already looked up whether it’s in period or not.
2) Scenes are so much more exciting when your protagonist doesn’t play nice.
3) kniedzw gets a funny look on his face when I appear in the doorway of his office and say, “Can I get your help for a second? It’s spousal abuse for fun and profit.”
4) But he is then very good about dragging me across the living room floor so I can figure out where a flying elbow would connect under particular circumstances.
5) I’m still in draft-brain, rather than revision-brain; my subconscious is depressed that all my work has made the book about a thousand words shorter. (Thanks to my first bits of revision being the combination of two pairs of scenes that each really only needed to be one.) But I’m sure it will get longer again, soon enough.