My habit of making soundtracks for the novels I write can actually be traced back to the protagonist of this series. Ree was a character I played for many years in a LARP, in a gaming community where a lot of the players made a habit of creating soundtracks/mixes for their PCs; by the time I was done with Ree, her soundtrack covered five CDs.
A few of the tracks from that suited themselves to the plot of this novella.
- Cold-Forged Flame — “Warriors,” Ronan Hardiman, Lord of the Dance
- Across the Island — “and the mountains rising nowhere…,” Joseph Schwantner
- Under Attack — “Bridge Attack,” Bill Whelan, Roots of Riverdance
- The Cave — “Hidden Souls,” Klaus Badelt, Equilibrium
- The Cauldron — “Klevebergselden,” Garmarna, Vittrad
- The Change — “The Morrigu,” Glenn Danzig, Black Aria